PHP upload does not work

Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04
Installation of Virtualmin on fresh installation using scripts from Virualmin instalaltion page.

Problem Wordpress plugins that makes file upload does not work.
Plugings that does not work: “H5P” and “All in one WP migration”.

I have tried to increase upload limits som phpinfo() shows 1 Gig, but it does not help.

I have server with 32 Gig of RAM and it will not be a problem to reinstall and change to another operating system if it will help.

By the way the server is installet under a sub domain (sub.domain.com)

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Hello @arne and welcome to the community.

In Virtualmin → Logs and Reports you will find an option to list the error log of the web server. You need to share some of this info to enable us to help you.

Thanks. I have used Linux for a couple of years but im new to virtualmin so I did not notice that there were an error log in Virtualmin. Now I have looked into it, and its quite messy, after a couple of attempt too fix the problem. Many error messages of this type: [fcgid:warn] [pid 175670] (104)Connection reset by peer:

I vonder if I should intall all the server once more to get a cleaner installation. Maybe Centos 7 would be a safer choice ?

You have to be careful with the All in One Migration plugin. They’ve updated it continuously to restrict the ability to upload large restore files so that you have to pay them for yet another upgrade.

There’s an old version of that plugin that works like a charm. I think I still have it around here somewhere.

EDIT TO ADD: Found it. It’s good for 12 GB. PM me your email address and I’ll email it to you.

1 Like

arne22_at_gmail_dot_com :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for help! I reinstalled the whole server, this time based om Centos 7, and it looks like everything works perfect just now. On the first Centos 20.04 installation a made a series of manual configuration files. This time I only used default settings and the automated functions in Virtualmin for extending “upload size” and etc.

Have I been asleep for a few decades?

Richard

2 Likes

Let it go. Just slowly turn and walk away…

:grin:

1 Like

No, this is due to something they call “Centos Stream”. There is now a new major release every 6 hour.

By the way Virtualmin and Centos 7 works perfect together :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.