Php update from 7.2 to 7.4

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS Ubuntu 18.04 REQUIRED
Webmin 1.984 REQUIRED
**Virtualmin 6.17-3 ** REQUIRED
php 7.2 RECOMMENDED

Hello,
What is the proper way to update the PHP version from 7.2 to 7.4. I did it via ssh, but the 7.4 version is not showing up in Virtualmin, however it’s showing up on Webmin/Tools/PHP Configuration page.
Any hint on how to fix this please?
Thanks!

System Settings->Re-Check Configuration

I get this information “The following PHP versions are available : 7.2.24 (/usr/bin/php-cgi7.2), 7.4 (mod_php)”. But the PHP 7.4 is not showing up on “PHP Option”, only 7.2 is there.
Thanks!

Consider using Surý’s repos https://deb.sury.org to install several versions of PHP on your server.

I used the instructions from this page, How To Install PHP 7.4 On Ubuntu 16.04/ 18.04/ 19.04/ 19.10 | by Tech SNA | Medium , to add php 7.4.

I followed the instructions on this page, Multiple PHP Versions – Virtualmin, to install php 7.4 on Ubuntu 18.04 and got this error message below:
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package php7.4
E: Couldn’t find any package by glob ‘php7.4’
E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘php7.4’

I installed the PPA and ran this command: apt-get install php7.4-{cli,pdo,fpm,zip,gd,xml,mysqli,mysqli,cgi,curl,intl,xmlrpc,soap,mbstring,yaml}

I don’t know how you could have gotten that error from that command. That command does not try to install php7.4 (which is not a package that exists).

Edit: Er, actually it is a package that exists. It’s a metapackage. I don’t know what it depends on. But, we do not tell you to install it, so I don’t need to know what’s in it. You did not get the advice to install php7.4 from us. Just follow our docs, please!

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.