PHP script execution mode options

I just install a fresh version of Virtualmin in a Centos 8 box.
On ‘Server Configuration’ > ‘Website Options’ there is only one option selected FPM (run as virtual server owner).
I want to have also PHP 5.6 as an option, so I have installed it from Remi repository, but I don’t see how to change and/or include it as an option.

What am I missing?

Thank you for your help and Webmin/Virtualmin

On a supported version of CentOS, after you install a new version of PHP you must first go to Virtualmin >> System Settings >> Re-Check Configuration. The config check report should list the new version of PHP that you have installed.

Selecting a version of PHP for a virtual server is then quite simple: go to Virtualmin >> Server Configuration >> PHP Versions.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from PHP script execution mode options:

Thank you Calport, that’s exactly what I am looking for. No luck yet: I have Re-check Configuration and the version php 5.6 is there, but on the virtual server still doesn’t appear. See below.

I wonder if you have the correct php installled. I have the php7.2-cli with the cli standing for command line interface. I just do a #php -v and it says I have the cli. I guess you would do #php56 -v to see which one you have. This is a bit of a guess.

Worth a try, though I have a few installs of Virtualmin on CentOS in which I have disabled PHP-cli and that does not prevent Virtualmin from functioning normally.

This is the PHP 5.6 version information @stuckinthehouse:

[root@centos8v5 ~]# php56 -v
PHP 5.6.40 (cli) (built: May 13 2020 09:37:13)
Copyright © 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright © 1998-2016 Zend Technologies

I think the problem is related to Centos 8/Apache.
@calport what Linux distro are you using for multiple versions of PHP?

If you want to use 5.6 in FPM mode, then you need to 5.6-fpm package.

1 Like

I have multiple PHP version working on Virtualmin GPL 6.09 on Ubuntu Linux 18.04.4 (PHP 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4) as well as CentOS Linux 7.8.2003 (PHP 7.0 and 7.2).

I have not found a way to get anything better than PHP 7.0 on Debian Linux 9.

1 Like

Yes, thank you @DrCarsonBeckett with:
sudo yum install php56-php-fpm
works as I want it
:slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.