php-fpm on centos

I just installed the latest virtualmin GPL version on a pristine centos 7.5 server and all worked out of the box, which is great.
But then I started looking around for the php version and it seems it installed the basic 5.4 (totally outdated) and also the SCL version of php 7.0. Here’s my first question: why not also php 5.6 and 7.1 from SCL? Not a big deal, but would provide a better default experience.

Next, I saw that when using fpm, it uses the php-fpm from PHP 5.4, and I can’t seem to find a way to make it use another fpm version. When uninstalling the rpm php-fpm (but leaving rh-php70-php-fpm installed), virtualmin no longer finds fpm … any suggestions? Starting the service rh-php70-php-fpm doesn’t help (virtualmin checkconfig still reports no fpm found then).

Third: it seems the general consensus is to not use mod_php, which is fine by me. But when not using it, I can also uninstall it. But when uninstalling the rpm php (that provides the php5 apache module), virtualmin detects correctly that mod_php is no longer an option, but the resulting apache config file still has a line containing php_admin_value , which of course fails. So it seems like the php5 module needs to be installed and loaded into apache … any idea on how to get rid of these php5 dependencies?

Franky