Package wbm-jailkit-0.8.202307060202-1.noarch.rpm is not signed

I get the following error on a suggested dnf update:

Package wbm-jailkit-0.8.202307060202-1.noarch.rpm is not signed
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing ‘dnf clean packages’.
Error: GPG check FAILED

It is from virtualmin-noarch repo

(alma 9.2).

1 Like

so you tried dnf clean packages.

What do you mean suggested dnf update?

1 Like

I am having the same problem.

RHEL 9.2
Webmin 2.021
Virtualmin 7.7

All up to date.

dnf clean packages doesn’t help.

Virtualmin and command line fail to update as the rpm is not sogned.

1 Like

I’m on rocky 9 and I have not seen a update for that package.

I have a Pro server but only the GPL I use for testing stuff etc has that update showing.

It might possibly be just a GPL issue, or it takes time for systems to see the update?

Same for me, using Rocky 9.

I guess the message is just saying that the maintainer who posted that update to the repo forgot to sign the package with GPG first.

Hopefully an appropriate person will become aware and correct it.

That’s a mistake on my part. I’m in the process of automating builds in a new way, and one of the test builds escaped.

I’ll remove it.

There will probably be an update that actually works later today.

All OK now - thank you!

Same issue here.

It prevents Virtualmin installation on fresh Alma/RockyLinux 9.2 (tried both), dear Virtualmin Staff ( @Joe @Eric )
So pls, give it top priority.

It’s not just about “dnf/yum updates”, as reported here, it’s also about - fresh Virtualmin installs @ 9.2 RHELs, which is: critical error :frowning:

Installation quits there, because of that little package:
2023-07-10 01_29_05-Window

Effectively, this package prevents Virtualmin from being installed on the fresh VPS instances(grade A OS, Alma/Rocky 9.2)

Joe removed it, should install ok. Also is Rocky 9.3 out? I haven’t seen any updates yet.

1 Like

Just taggin’ @Ilia & @staff (see above), as I can only tag 2 users/post.

See my msg above, it’s a bigger problem for us who want fresh installs (than for those who already have Virtualmin fully and functionally operating & just need an “update”.)

Its blocking everything
& install script ENDS there :confused:

but its been removed, when did you try last

try the dnf clean packages first though.

1 Like

I’ll try installation later today and see what happens, hope youre right Stefan / hope it’s gone.
I tried 8 hrs ago and went to bed. (2AM, Central European Time)
Tried “dnf clean packages”, 4 files removed, still no luck (then. Ill try again later today)

9.2 for both Alma, Rocky, damn typo. Sorry.

& :+1: to you, @Randomz - for confirming & especially @lawk - for reporting the error.
It really did affect: new Virtualmin installations in a worst possible manner, sadly.

yep, if its stopped install, report back if its still happening.

1 Like

Sure thing, I’ll report back to the community, later today.

I just hope I can use official Bash script, the one from: https://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/scripts/virtualmin-install.sh

• if I need to use a different one (ie. beta from GitHub, the one with patches) just lemme know.

Kudos to all! :heart:

Absolutely not. You should not use development versions of the install script unless you’re doing development on Virtualmin or a Virtualmin developer suggests it to test a specific fix.

Your problem is unrelated to the install script.

It was removed. It is not blocking anything.

dnf clean all

And try again. virtualmin-install.sh will ask a couple of times for confirmation that you really want to install (because it will think you’ve already maybe installed), but since it didn’t actually succeed, it’s safe to proceed, so just say y to all of the confirmation questions.

I’ve just done a test install on Rocky 9 and it works fine now. There were a couple of issues with the new build process, which are now fixed.

I’m more concerned about the lack of comprehensible errors. I’m pretty sure we used to bail with errors about which package failed on the consoled, I’m not sure what changed to make it only log those errors now.

wbm-jailkit-1.0-1.noarch just upgraded on my GPL server.

My Pro server still doesn’t see it.

Yeah, the new build process is not quite working. You’re not missing anything. It’s only packaging updates, no new code.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.