Outlook can't connect with mailbox

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 20.04
Webmin version 1.984
Virtualmin version 6.17-3
Related packages SUGGESTED

Hello, I have virtualmin installed on my server and everything works, reach website, send and receive mail with usermin and roundcube but when I try to set up my mailbox in Outlook it always does not want to connect to the IMAP. I have checked the submain mail. and that refers well to my server, also the ports I have checked and they are open. I am using the settings that Virtualmin gave me to enter in Email clients. That concerns the mail subdomain for imap and smpt and 993 SSL imap and 587 STARTTLS. But with that it still doesn’t work, Outlook doesn’t want to connect to the IMAP.

See Configuring email for third party clients - #2 by calport

Unfortunately, that doesn’t work, either with hostname.net or mail.domain.com.

There was also a suggestion there to post the relevant log entries…

Wich logs? Where can I find that logs?

See System Logs - Webmin Documentation

Hey! On the desktop version works it with the mail subdomain but on mobile not with mail and not with the hostname. And in the logs I see only:
lost connection after CONNECT from [IP]
disconnect from [IP] commands=0/0

If you don’t provide logs then we won’t know why exactly the problem occurs but I see you have created another topic on SSL certificate warnings in Outlook.

It is always a good idea to create seperate topics for seperate issues :+1:

In this case the two may be related. If you solve the SSL certificate warning issue, it might get mail going on desktop and mobile.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.