opendkim errors

On creating a new virtual server I am seeing the following error

… Mail for domain failed! : Failed to lock file /etc/opendkim.conf after 5 minutes. Last error was : at /usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl line 1397.

Operating system CentOS Linux 7.1.1503
Webmin version 1.760
Virtualmin version 4.18.gpl

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks

… any solution yet?

Not really encountered the problem again since as I have not added any new domains, it would be good to solve it but unfortunately no help has been forthcoming.

The domains still worked so no great problem that I have noticed but something is wrong.

I will need to sort the problem out soon so will update when I do find an answer /solution.

I would suggest to drop OpenDKIM installation from Vmin and do it manually, installation and setup. I didnt like how Vmin handle settings for OpenDKIM and had some problems with signing emails. All gone once i install manually and setup in the way how i like. Downside: you must manually add new domains but i didnt see any problem with that.

Hi,

I guess I will desinstall OpenDKIM while I migrate my domains and reinstall and reenable everything afterwards.

From what I can tell from my current trial and error odyssey is the following:

• Importing a domain runs fine.
  • Importing a second domain results in a mail error.
  • Opening DKIM in Virtualmin and clicking “Save” makes another import possible (the new domains are not mentioned in the DKIM messages during the saving process).

Very odd …

… just uninstalling opendkim did not do the trick … I guess there are some other components still somehow left behind … after reboot and removal of /etc/opendkim.conf and /etc/opendkim.conf.lock it seems to work.