On RE-install of Web/Vmin

Hi Joe,
As I’ve had an awful lot of trouble with getting a stable server, could I ask that you hit the button to re-install my Web/Vmin, please?

There must be something I’ve done wrong last time, so the whole Server has been scrubbed and reloaded with CentOS.

I’ve sent you a private email with details - hope you got it… my faith is sorely tried in the Net these days … :-{

Cheers,

Himagain.
(Am reading - just not seeing… :-{ )

as the install.sh does everything rather good and most will work out of the box, my hunch is that the CentOS isn’t correctly set up initially.

Is this on a VPS with a fixed OSTemplate? Perhaps including rpmforge even which will break many things or just not enough RAM.
Or did you install the minimal CentOS yourself and ran "yum update" before installing webmin?VM

YAHOO!
No not the messager, but the exclamation!
Do not know why it worked this time - I used Putty.
Got quite a few warnings during the install but at the end, while I was trying to note them, the package simply closed - shut down Putty.
Was a bit of a worry…

However… on logging in the post-install check was all good. :slight_smile:
Front page of Vmin looks a lot different…more goodies!

Small problem leftover is that Firefox simply won’t access the Site!
I.E. will but only under protest (after a warning of spoofing).

Error is:
Cannot Complete Request

38.101.153.34:10000 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed. (Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

THanks and
Cheers!
Off to bed for a good nights sleep first in months…

Howdy,

38.101.153.34:10000 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed. (Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

Yeah, that’s a message you’ll get anytime you access a site using a “self-signed” certificate. That is, one you didn’t pay someone else to generate for you.

If you want to get rid of that message, you might want to consider going to GoDaddy (or some other provider) and shelling out $25/year or so on a commercial one.
-Eric

or you can accept the certificate so your browsers will be a bit more permissive.
FF 3 is not so nice to selfsigned cert’s

[color=#0000FF]or you can accept the certificate so your browsers will be a bit more permissive.

FF 3 is not so nice to selfsigned cert’s
-------------------------[/color]

Here was an answer from Mozilla/ffox IRC, but I followed some other instructions to alter the config file and it worked. Of course, lost them now… :frowning: will try and find and post. Certainly not an unusual problem apparently.

MitM Me (SSL Error Bypass) :: Firefox Add-ons – https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6843 ?

Cheers!

Hi Ronald,
CentOS I can’t be sure of … done by Server Farm.

It is a standalone Server.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Could not install - running out of time, so asked Joe to “do it right” for me so I could get a clean start again.

(2 years coming up without ever being able to keep the System going for more than a month - never got to “in-production” stage, yet! :-{ )
My own fault - there is a Law that says Writers can’t fix mechanical things.
I still think G.B. Shaw blew his brains out accidentally playing with the shotgun (Complicated things - some have 2 triggers…)