SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version REQUIRED
Webmin version REQUIRED
Virtualmin version REQUIRED
Related packages SUGGESTED

Please i jus created a new thread.

Yes my ISP opened port 25
I don’t know if my firewall is active
I can send e-mail from within my webmailer but if i try using it with port 587 it won’t let me.
i tried using it on SMTP Test Tool but it won’t connect.

Can you direct me on how i can fix this problem.

can you help us to help you?
Pleas provide the information requested

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version REQUIRED
Webmin version REQUIRED
Virtualmin version REQUIRED

It is also a good idea to provide log information rather than just leaving us guessing.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Webmin version 2.005
Virtualmin version 7.10.0

Yes my ISP opened port 25
I don’t know if my firewall is active
I can send e-mail from within my webmailer but if i try using it with port 587 it won’t let me.
i tried using it on SMTP Test Tool but it won’t connect.

Can you direct me on how i can fix this problem.

How about port 465

If your only just starting i would think about replacing centos it’s eol soon

What errors appear in the maillog? What does “it won’t let me” mean? Do you get errors?

No. You haven’t provided the information we need to understand what problem you have.

You need to look at the log and include the relevant entries. You need to include the exact error messages you get when you try to do something.

You need to be specific about what you are trying and what happens.

You’re expecting us to miraculously just know what is going wrong, and that wastes everyone’s time.

https://forum.virtualmin.com/guidelines

1 Like

Port 465 still not working

Then you had better do what Joe said. Tell us the error you see and post the relevant log entries.

Go to Webmin -> Networking -> FirewallD (That is your firewall - nothing else)

You can check the rules there (even edit/delete/add them - with care and understanding/ experience)

On gmass.co it say (Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

What is that? Are you sending from some app you have added or from within Usermin?
I have no idea of how the test tool you quoted works or even if it is reliable.

See you have us just guessing

On gmass.co it say (Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Hmmm I spend a lot of time figuring how to block spam sent from gmail without blocking individuals that use it.

Yes i’m sending from app but not connecting

Check your mail logs when trying to connect.

In an attempt to clarify - My question was “What App?” more specifically "what is this webmailer that you are using?

I am aware of many 3rd party client/browser based “webmailers” but these are not what we discuss here which is about a server based system.

You’re making it impossible to help you. You refuse to give any specific details or relevant logs, even when asked for specific details.

I give up. I’m not even going to try to help someone who will do nothing to enable others to help, it’s just wasting everyone’s time.