Not all virtual domain has webmin users

Hi All,

Background: We have a small number (appx. 50) of websites running on our systems and a number of these websites users are not webmin users so they cannot manage their own sites.

Virtualmin 3.95 on centos 6.2

Any suggestions?

Can one make webmin users from website users?

Howdy,

Well, whenever you create a Virtual Server, it should generate a Webmin/Virtualmin admin user when it’s created.

You can see what the username/password is by going into Edit Virtual Server. In there, the “Administration username” field has the admin username you can log in with, and in the “Configurable Options” section, you can get the password.

If that’s not what you’re referring to – can you describe how the users you have there were added?

Are you saying they can login via FTP to manage files, but not into Webmin/Virtualmin?

-Eric

That’s what i thought.

I’ve copied the password from that popup and put it into webmin but it doesnt work.

That’s how I created the users, yes.

Yes, they can log in using FTP but not vebmin.

I then looked under Webmin->Webmin->Webmin Users and saw that the user i tried doesn’t have a webmin user account.

I coulnd’t figure out why though…

Howdy,

Hmm, in Edit Virtual Server -> Enabled Features, is the “Webmin login” feature enabled?

-Eric

You’re right, the users wasn’t webmin enabled.

I did look but missed it anyway…

Thank you for your help!

It is most unfortunate to have to post this but my techie passed away yesterday in Roanoke, VA. He has been managing my servers for 14 years. As a security conscious individual he has not left any roadmap or list of passwords for our servers. If anyone has any advice please let me know. Additionally, I would be interested with anyone who has experience with Mailman as we run almost 1000 list serves.

My contact information is:

Peter Weyland
703-300-7980
Fairfax, VA

(I guess I posted this in the wrong place and will try to repost in the appropriate area)

Howdy,

It looks like you started a new thread here, I’ll respond to that:

https://www.virtualmin.com/node/25719