New Update has Problem in sending and receiving Emails

Dear All,

Since last 2 days we tried to install virtualmin to create virtual servers But the server which get made are unable to send or receive emails Neither its DKIm installer is working It says no package available.

Please help your new update is killing my business.

This VM 6 update is killing it, or it must be the installer script.

I started noticing things weren’t working as expected when .php scripts weren’t being executed, instead either being downloaded or loaded as plain. And then whole directories started being downloaded as empty files without any file extension. Then this email errors. The server was for a friend, so I just went with CWP and everything works flawless.

However, I’ve been using fresh CentOS 7.3 x64. It might work just fine on Ubuntu 16.04 etc.

I’m thinking of getting a VPS later this week, and hopefully things will be sorted out by then :slight_smile:

Can we create a smtp relay via CWP??


What happens when trying to send or receive an email? Are you seeing an error of some sort?

Are you seeing any problems in the email logs, located in either /var/log/maillog or /var/log/mail.log when trying to send or receive an email?


Actually not being able to install DKIM could potentially be a repository issue, can you share the exact output you’re receiving when you’re receiving an error there?

Also, which distro/version is it that you’re using?

Lastly, if you’re using CentOS, do you see a “virtualmin.repo” file in your /etc/yum.repos.d/ directory?


We do have the file you mentioned in CentOS 7.3 with the following inside it:

name=RHEL/CentOS $releasever - $basearch - Virtualmin

name=Virtualmin Distribution Neutral Packages

Just a headsup, LetsEncrypt fails when it comes to mail.domain.tld

Using, it tells smtp connection can’t be established, and also tells that it does not support TLS.

That sounds like a Virtualmin module issue, and not an installer bug (so reverting to the old installer will not fix it). I haven’t seen it myself, but I guess it’s something that got added recently, I’ll talk to Jamie about it if there’s not already a ticket about it in the tracker.

I didn’t think Virtualmin would request a cert for mail.domain.tld if it didn’t have a website for that name (and Jamie fixed some bugs related to that kind of problem a few weeks ago), so that’s a weird thing.

You’ve got to tell us what distro/version you’re using, and what errors you’re getting. I can’t fix problems I can’t find.

ubuntu 16.04 here. i suspect the issue is with the recent clam update. ive got a mail.log full of “CLAMAV: couldn’t connect to: /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl: no such file or directory”

a simple reboot seems to have fixed the issue. ha! kinda forgot about that trick since i left windows behind.

Thanks for the update, and I’m glad it’s sorted!

A clamd restart probably would have fixed it, without the whole system reboot. That should happen on an update, but I don’t build the Clam packages for Debian/Ubuntu, so I don’t know the details…but, usually, a service update will trigger restarting the service.