New Install

Ok so I installed fedora 15

Installed webmin
usermin
Got my primary domain up and running.
www.roguemotions.com a lot of work to be done there.

Installed virtualmin did all of the checks all was good.

Decided to imprt my domain into virtualmin it shows what will be imported and then this pops up

Undefined subroutine &bind8::list_slave_servers called at /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server/import.cgi line 283.

Help please.

Howdy,

Well, I’d recommend against using Fedora for hosting a Virtualmin server. It’s not a supported distro – we’d recommend something like CentOS, Scientific Linux, or Ubuntu LTS for that.

However, although it’s not supported – it should indeed work if you setup everything manually.

We’ve sometimes seen that error after something on the disk was changed, but the running processes wasn’t restarted.

I’m curious if that issue goes away after restarting Webmin, using “/etc/init.d/webmin restart”.

-Eric

I agree with Eric.

I installed Virtualmin on Fedora 15, I imported some domains from CentOS 6 to Fedora 15 and Virtualmin works just fine (just the installation took “a bit” longer). I haven’t tested all the features (since I don’t have a static ip address etc on my Desktop), I just use it as a better alternative to XAMPP etc.

I removed the associated lines with the error and it all installed with out any issues.

Next on the list. I imported my default domain who’s cgi bin is located in its in its directory.

www.thisexample.com/cgi-bin

How can I change the defaults that virtulmin created to relect this??

Hrm, I’m not sure I follow… it’s normal to be able to access a cgi-bin dir using www.example.com/cgi-bin.

How is your system setup there, and how does that differ from a normal Virtualmin setup?

Though, I’ll offer that cgi-bin is just a setting in the Apache config… if you want to tweak the cgi-bin settings for an existing domain, you can look in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, where you can review the VirtualHost block for that domain.

To tweak things for future domains, you can go to System Settings -> Server Templates -> Default -> Apache website, and take a look at “Directives and settings for new websites”.

-Eric

I had to manually add and alias for the cgi -bin in the httpd conf file. so that part is working.

I rebooted all was good. I was able to send emails to and from using outlook , I added a user and now get
get these errors

connect to spamd on 127.0.0.1 failed, retrying (#3 of 3): Connection refused
spamc[2007]: connection attempt to spamd aborted after 3 retries

The log file shows the email as being delivered but when I now try to login
pop3-login: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts):

I can login with telnet but the email box it logs into is empty.
If I use the login for usermin all the emails are there.

So somewhere on restart I think the maibox pathways got confused, How do I resolve this one!!!

And by thanks for the suggestions and help

Ok All is working the way i want I think except when I try to use squirrel mail I get a login failure

dovecot: imap-login: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured

I used the install script from virtualmin So I am thinking this is a dovecot issue??

Any ideas?

Ok had to go into squrrelmail and set it up manually after virtualmin set it up. The imap and smtp
ports were wrong in the squirrelmal setup. So I ran ./configure script and got it going.