New install - Trying to install WHMCS but IonCube does not load

That’s irrelevant. The ioncube module isn’t being loaded (we confirmed that with phpinfo). That’s the problem to solve.

The latest info given above on the ioncube loader looks good for both installations.
Perhaps apache and the fpm needs a restart?

It does? Does phpinfo list it as a loaded module?

I have rebooted the server and/or restarted each individual service, same outcome. Ioncube loader never gets loaded.

Do you have all the required extensions? System Requirements - WHMCS Documentation

php -m

[PHP Modules]
bcmath
bz2
calendar
Core
ctype
curl
date
dom
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
gmp
hash
iconv
intl
json
libxml
mbstring
mysqli
mysqlnd
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
pdo_sqlite
Phar
posix
readline
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
sockets
SPL
sqlite3
standard
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tokenizer
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
xsl
Zend OPcache
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend OPcache

We’re discussing this internally. Apparently there isn’t an easy way to get the ioncube loader from dnf for the PHP version included in Rocky 9. You’d need a Remi repo enabled, currently (if you enable the Remi PHP 8.1 repo and then install the php81-php-ioncube-loader package, it should work if you choose 8.1 as the PHP version for the domain running whmcs).

We’ll fix that, somehow, so third party repos aren’t necessary in the future. I don’t see an easy way to fix it, and I don’t have time to work on this at the moment (I’m swamped at my real job this week), but if it’s urgent, following our docs for enabling the remi repos and using the PHP 8.1 packages along with installing the ioncube package, should do the things.

I normally don’t recommend installing other PHP versions unless new features are needed, but in this case, it’s the easiest way I see right now to get ioncube loader installed on Rocky 9. There may be a version of the package for the distro-standard PHP, as well, I just don’t see it in a quick search. That’d probably just be called php-ioncube-loader, if it does exist.

2 Likes

HOLY CRAP!!
I loaded `php74-php-ioncube-loader and that did it! OMG

3 Likes

This will get fixed in the Install Script for WHMCS and in our repos…again, somehow. I’m not sure how yet. But, install scripts aren’t supposed to need this much handholding.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.