New here & Chrome question

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Alma Linux
Virtualmin version NA

Hello,

When I try to use this forum on Crome the page is frozen. No links work and I can’t scroll down. I’m using Firefox now and It works correctly. Is this normal?

I’m new here and have been in the hosting business for about 23 years now :slight_smile:

Certainly not normal.

Works fine for me in all browsers, including Chrome and Chromium. Maybe a plugin you have enabled? Maybe try in Incognito mode with no plugins?

But, also, Chrome is spyware, probably ought to consider a switch to Firefox, anyway.

4 Likes

Yeah, I keep Firefox around just for that reason. I have another program that only works on it. Thanks for the input!

If the problem persists without any plugins/extensions, can you check the Web Developer console for errors and post those?

I don’t know how to reproduce the problem here, so I don’t know how to begin to fix it. May be worth posting your Chrome version and what OS you’re running it on, as well.

I think it is the notifier in EDIT: Plasma Wayland, but, my Firefox will freeze for long periods before responding unless I turn notifications off.

EDIT: Wayland

Ah ha, it was my Scrollbar customizer extension. I guess it just didn’t like this forum software. I just removed it.

Chrome is up-to-date
Version 122.0.6261.112 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.