new "domains associated with this server" - le renew fail

popping up again. this time its two new additions: autoconfig and autodiscover.

latest update did not fix.

while going back through ALL my virtual servers to manually assign domains again (fun!), i just discovered that the two new mystery entries dont appear on all virtual servers. no idea why.

any progress?

still unresolved in the latest update.

is this thing on?

just upgraded to virtualmin 6. issue still unresolved.

I’m trying to add an alias domain .de to my current main domain .com. But it is not possible to request Let’s Encrypt for that new alias domain.
It says hostname doesnt match. I checked DNS, they all use the same NS addresses, they all have same A record. When open in browser, they all resolve correctly to the common public_html folder (main website). What else I should check, any idea please?

Parsing account key…
Parsing CSR…
Registering account…
Already registered!
Verifying verified!
Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/lib/python2.7/”, line 269, in match_hostname
% (hostname, ', '.join(map(repr, dnsnames))))
ssl.CertificateError: hostname ‘’ doesn’t match either of ‘’, ‘’, ‘’, ‘’

ur issue has nothing to do with mine. i suggest starting ur own topic…especially since this thread is being avoided like the plague (almost 2 months old and no replies).

You’re saying Virtualmin is still trying to get a certificate for mail.domain.tld, even if there’s no website for it? I thought we’d fixed that months ago. Sorry, I didn’t notice the thread…it had replies, and I usually only come into threads that don’t seem to be active (on the theory that somebody probably knew the answer to the question, if it’s got several replies).

But, for situations like this, it’s clearly a bug, and filing a bug about it in the issue tracker is the best way to get it resolved (I know we discourage use of the issue tracker for GPL questions, but if it’s a bug, we want to know about it).

The weird thing is that I’m not seeing this behavior on my systems, so I’m not sure what’s going on, but I saw another person report the same problem in another thread.

I’ve created a ticket about this for Jamie, here:

not mail.domain.tld. rather two new ones: autoconfig.domain.tld and autodiscover.domain.tld.