New Certbot Webmin module

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Debian 13
Webmin version 2.660

Hello,
I was thinking if is it possible to create a webmin module to manage certbot and let’s encrypt
like https://www.certwarden.com/
Let me know I can help.

thanks,
bye

If your hosting website then you be better off using virtualmin as it has all that.

thanks for the suggestion.

I’m using webmin since 15-20yrs, I think, for my selfhosted homelab and it was perfect until I decided to switch to nginx and ssl for some services that needs to be exposed to get data from mobiles.

I never tried virtualmin, are you sure there’s a virtualmin module to manage SSL Cert requested to Let’s encrypt with certbot ?

I already searched in Webmin and I found just:
GitHub - cited/Certbot-Webmin-Module: Certbot Module for Webmin · GitHub
and
https://download.webmin.com/download/modules/certmgr.wbm.gz from @jamieca

and I was thinking if it’s possible to give them a modern refresh with let’s encrypt/certbot integration, not a real prod CA, just see active certs with expiration, a button to request new or renew near expired ones, saved CSR.

thanks,
bye

I think you should.

I dare say that a service such as the one to which you have linked could be run entirely by piggy backing off Virtualmin, so capable is the software which you have not tried.

Certificate management is a feature of virtualmin which is enabled by default. All that needs to be done is to get the website to work - and Virtualmin is then able to do everything related to SSL certificates from Let’s Encrypt automagically.

You should prob test first to get use to it.
Virtuamin is well documented. Virtualmin needs to be install on a clean machine, there is no easy way to go from webmin only to virtualmin.

The directory layout is little different too.
This doc will show you.

Virtualmin is a Webmin module. The free version of Virtualmin can be installed or updated by directing the Webmin Modules section of the Webmin Configuration module to the Web address (URL) of the latest published version listed on the Virtualmin module download page. The free version can be upgraded to the professional version to enable full functionality if desired. All of this is very easy to do. The only caveat is that the Update modules tab of Upgrade Webmin section of the Webmin Configuration module has never successfully updated an installed Virtualmin Module in my experience.

I haven’t seen virtualmin installed as a module for years and I think its discouraged.