First of all, sorry if I really sound dumb.
I have a website, www.domain.com hosted on a VPS server (Linode), but I need a sub-domain (news.domain.com) to point to an external ip (188.8.131.52). The problem is after setting up a sub-server that is pointed to 184.108.40.206 (external ip) whenever I'm navigating to news.domain.com it displays server DNS address could not be found.
Here's what I did:
- on the DNS manager of the Linode, I created an A Record:
- Hostname: news
- IP Address: 220.127.116.11
- In Virtualmin, I created a sub-server under www.domain.com with the following configurations:
- Domain name: news.domain.com
- Enabled Features: Enabled the "Setup website for the domain?"
- Network interface: Share on IP 18.104.22.168 (ip address of my server)
- External IP Address: 22.214.171.124
- Navigated to news.domain.com -> This site can’t be reached news.domain.com's server DNS address could not be found.
- Navigated to www.domain.com and the website is working perfectly fine
- Checked the 126.96.36.199 just to be sure by entering http://188.8.131.52 on my web browser and the content is properly displaying.
I also didn't change anything from the server configuration template.
I also waited 30 mins before checking just to be sure that the changes in the master zone is properly applied.
Did I miss something? Is it really possible for Virtualmin to handle this setup and if not, any other way to do it without redoing all over again?
Thanks in advance!