Naming /public_html and other defaults with NGINX?

Where can I set template base config for newly created vhosts with the LEMP bundle?
I did find some NGINX config options per vhost, but not for a server-wide template, which seems strange since all it is is a variable, public_html_dir for example.

And, in addition to that, could we have Debian -- Details of package nginx-extras in bullseye added to nginx options? Especially the libnginx-mod-http-fancyindex is beautiful to use for opendir displays. I’ve used it a lot over the last decade, and of course I can jump back into the nginx config and install on the shell and fix that, but it seems to me we would have to constantly repeat the changes after using virtualmin…

For your second question: You can install any packages you want. We use the OS standard version of nginx. It’s not ours…so, install any additional packages you like. We install what we need to do the job.

I’m not sure I understand why you’d have to redo something, though? Server Templates allows you to define whatever options you want in the generated virtual host configuration.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.