MYSQL database management...

I guess I could do this through the command line, but I would like to learn how to do this through Virtualmin.

I have a database: scoutfishing.

How do I find its associated user and set its password. Will the default be @localhost? Such as scoutfishing@localhost.

Howdy,

Did you create that database from within Virtualmin?

If so, you can go into Edit Databases on the left in order to change the password for the database user.

-Eric

I did… I am just tying to get a handle on how it works. I was just used to having more control over the username etc.

So as I see it, the database is named scoutfishing and the user is also scoutfishing. I am wondering if the user is scoutfishing@localhost or scoutfishing@scoutfishing.com

BTW, if I want to create a MYSQL db from scratch, where would I go to do that?

If you’d like to create a MySQL database, you can do that by going into Edit Databases, and click “Create a new database.”.

-Eric

OK… I got this internal server error after trying to set up a Drupal instance on www.ScoutBoard.com

[code]Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.[/code]

When I looked in the logs, I found this:

[Sat Aug 06 06:32:13 2011] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 14088 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL [Sat Aug 06 06:32:19 2011] [notice] mod_fcgid: process /home/scoutfishing/public_html/index.php(14088) exit(communication error), get stop signal 9

I have set up dozens of Drupal instances and have never run into this problem.

Hmm, that looks like it may be the notices in the system-wide Apache logfiles, where it’s just showing that Apache is restarting.

Are there any additional errors in the Virtual Server’s log file, located in $HOME/logs/error_log?

That may contain more info about what’s going on.

-Eric

Here are the last few lines:

[Sat Aug 06 06:32:06 2011] [warn] [client 66.229.71.97] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 31 seconds, referer: http://www.scoutfishing.com/install.php?profile=standard&locale=en [Sat Aug 06 06:32:06 2011] [error] [client 66.229.71.97] Premature end of script headers: install.php, referer: http://www.scoutfishing.com/install.php?profile=standard&locale=en [Sat Aug 06 06:32:06 2011] [error] [client 66.229.71.97] File does not exist: /home/scoutfishing/public_html/favicon.ico [Sat Aug 06 06:55:48 2011] [warn] [client 66.229.71.97] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 31 seconds, referer: http://www.scoutfishing.com/install.php?profile=standard&locale=en [Sat Aug 06 06:55:48 2011] [error] [client 66.229.71.97] Premature end of script headers: install.php, referer: http://www.scoutfishing.com/install.php?profile=standard&locale=en [Sat Aug 06 06:55:48 2011] [error] [client 66.229.71.97] File does not exist: /home/scoutfishing/public_html/favicon.ico [Sat Aug 06 10:17:40 2011] [crit] [client 66.249.71.41] (13)Permission denied: /home/scoutfishing/public_html/sites/default/files/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

Howdy,

Well, I see a few different errors in there. I’d probably start by looking into this one:

Permission denied: /home/scoutfishing/public_html/sites/default/files/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

It sounds like there’s a permission issue related to the file “/home/scoutfishing/public_html/sites/default/files/.htaccess”.

If you run this command, what output do you receive:

ls -l /home/scoutfishing/public_html/sites/default/files/.htaccess

Interesting, .htaccess lives in /home/scoutfishing/public_html/ I didn’t catch that its looking in the wrong place. I wonder why its looking ls -l /home/scoutfishing/public_html/sites/default/files/?

Interesting, .htaccess lives in /home/scoutfishing/public_html/ I didn’t catch that its looking in the wrong place. I wonder why its looking ls -l /home/scoutfishing/public_html/sites/default/files/?

Chances are that your website is pulling a file from within “home/scoutfishing/public_html/sites/default/files”.

Perhaps an image, stylesheet, javascript file, or the like… but it looks like there’s a .htaccess file there that it’s not able to read, which is generating an error. That prevent whatever other file it was trying to load from working properly too.

-Eric