My ISP Doesnt allov me to DNS (53) port forward

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version 24.04 LTS
Webmin version 2.111
Virtualmin version 7.10.0
Related packages SUGGESTED

My isp doesnt allow me to forward 53 port, i tried over cloudflared but every time default apache page displayed. cant use virtual servers. any solution about that?

I doubt they are blocking port 53, it is impossible for them to do this. The internet DNS system relies on port 53 being open.

Port forwarding is your local problem and is only needed when you are using NAT.

i.e. 31.31.31.31:53 → Router → 10.0.0.44:53

If you are getting the default Apache page this might be because you do not have any Virtual servers setup or you have accessed it by IP address.

Or if you using a supplied vps the ip addresses may be different. So no local ip address just the ip address you have paid for. And precisely how will port 53 (dns) cause the problem ? This looks like a variation of the wrong site showing up problem, which is well documented

I think you’re misunderstanding the problem. Port 53 has nothing to do with the default Apache page being shown.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.