Move existing Virtualmin and wordpress install to another server

HI all. I have an existing virtualmin install with a WP site installed, no live customers or data yet just a custom wp theme and some plugins.
It is Centos7/apache

I would like to pay someone to move it to a newer virtualmin already setup with Centos8/ nginx, and help getting an imagemagic issue resolved, if it even needs to be.

Looks like about 4-5 hours work to me, could be less.

Thanks,
Charles

1 Like

Hi Charles,
If you are still on the lookout for some help I would be glad to help you out, as what you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson.56782@gmail.com
Cheers and Have a great day ahead,
Andrew

Do it yourself. There’s a plugin called “All-in-one WP migration”. Install that plugin, back up your site, go to your other virtual server, install wordpress, install that same plugin, upload your site.

Done.

If you have old and new Virtualmin running, go to Virtual server -> Server Configuration -> Transfer Virtual Server on the old server, add hostname and password and hit the transfer now button.

Not sure how the migration handles Apache to Nginx, but you could probably disable Apache on the old server, install and enable Nginx, and then migrate.

Must be disabled/enabled on the Features and Plugins page.

Hi, I can do this with you of for you. You will need access to your database and public html folder on both servers. I’m in UK working mostly nights .I would be free to get hands to you in Thursday or Friday, let me know if you still need help. thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.