Missing perl modules - LDAP client and LDAP Users and Groups

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 22.04LTS Server
Webmin version 2.105

Hi there
I am trying to set up an LDAP server with LDAP users and groups. When I try to access the LDAP Users and Groups module, the following error message appears: I am not familiar with perl, so any assistance would be appreciated.

Can’t locate Net/IMAP.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Net::IMAP module) (@INC contains: /usr/share/webmin/vendor_perl /usr/share/webmin /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.34.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.34 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34 /usr/share/perl/5.34 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/share/webmin/ . …) at (eval 151) line 1, line 960. BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at (eval 151) line 1, line 960. : ldap-client/ldap-client-lib.pl (line 371)

All other Webmin modules appears to work fine.

Many thanks
Jaco

1 Like
Maybe add this package https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-net-imap

Try  the command `apt-get install php-imap`

IGNORE

PHP is not Perl.

1 Like

Via cpan then?

Did you read this in docs?

I just ran into the same problem…what fixed it for me was the following:
in LDAP Users and Groups, click the gear icon to open the configuration. See below for changes:

LDAP server host:
localhost

Base for users:
dc=example,dc=com

Base for groups
dc=example,dc=com

***MAKE SURE either users or groups is NOT set to
dc=Users,dc=example,dc=com
dc=Groups,dc=example,dc=com
Or the configuration gives you that error.

• I am assuming you have already installed the “Net::LDAP” package which can be install under Tools, Perl Modules, Install module from CPAN

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.