migrating website issue - Extracting home directory TAR file .. .. TAR failed

so i have successfully migrated several sites to my new server running centos5 and virtual min from my old cpanel server. I have even worked out some database issues!

i have just run into a new problem while trying to migrate another website

below is the error…note…the were more errors (all similar)…i just cut some of them out of the post…

looks like i am running out of room but that seemes to be impossible since i have more ram and harddrive space on the new server than the old one.

BTW…i moved the tar file to the new (virtualmin) server before trying to migrate…

thanks in advance for your help,
ww : )

here is the output when using “migrate” in virtualmin**

Migrate Virtual Server	

Validating migration file …
… done

Starting migration of olsencustomhomes.com from local file /root/weekly/olsencus.tar.gz …
Checking for cPanel features …
… found Home directory, Administration user, Apache website, Log file rotation, Webmin login, BIND DNS domain, Mail for domain.
Checking for clashes and dependencies …
… all OK

Creating initial virtual server olsencustomhomes.com
Creating administration group olsencus …
… done
Creating administration user olsencus …
… done

Creating aliases for administration user …
… done

Adding administration user to groups …
… done

Creating home directory …
… done

Creating mailbox for administration user …
… done

Adding new DNS zone …
… done

Adding to email domains list …
… done

Adding new virtual website …
… done

Adding Apache user apache to server’s group …
… done

Performing other Apache configuration …
… done

Setting up log file rotation …
… done

Creating Webmin user …
… done

Re-starting DNS server …
… done

Applying web server configuration …
… done

Re-loading Webmin …
… done

Saving server details …
… done

… done
Extracting home directory TAR file …
… TAR failed : /bin/tar: ./mail/olsencustomhomes.com/shelly/cur/1296792208.H984924P15109.server.wphosting.net,S=7788001:2,S: Wrote only 9216 of 10240 bytes /bin/tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers /bin/tar: Skipping to next header /bin/tar: ./mail/olsencustomhomes.com/shelly/cur/1267154734.H133860P13464.server.wphosting.net,S=11849:2,S: Cannot write: No space left on device /bin/tar: Skipping to next header /bin/tar: ./mail/olsencustomhomes.com/shelly/cur/1297356605.H340938P32222.server.wphosting.net,S=20046:2,S: Cannot write: No space left on device /bin/tar: Skipping to next header /bin/tar: ./mail/olsencustomhomes.com/shelly/cur/1296861960.H63353P10359.server.wphosting.net,S=12543:2,S: Cannot write: No space left on device /bin/tar: Skipping to next header /bin/tar:

Howdy,

What output do you receive if you run the command “df -h”?

Thanks,

-Eric

here is the output…thanks…

ww

root@server ~]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda5 447G 19G 406G 5% /
/dev/sda2 2.0G 36M 1.9G 2% /tmp
/dev/sda1 388M 22M 346M 6% /boot tmpfs 1009M 0 1009M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sdb1 459G 199M 435G 1% /backup

that didn’t format right…let me see what i can do…

i attached a txt file with the formatted output…

thanks,

Ah, so it looks like your /tmp directory is on a partition of it’s own, and that particular partition is 2GB.

That’s the partition those tar archives are filling up.

What you may want to do is to change the Webmin tmp directory, so that it can take advantage of the rest of the space on your disk.

To do that, after logging into Virtualmin, click Webmin -> Webmin -> Webmin Configuration -> Advanced Options, and then set “Temporary files directory” to something other than /tmp. Using /var/tmp is an example of a directory that might work well for that.

-Eric

that worked like a charm eric!

i really appreciate all your help!

thanks,

are u using virtualmin pro
which version of cpanel did you have
who was your ISP under cpanel?

see my issue: https://www.virtualmin.com/node/18484