Merging 2 SPF and DMARC Records

**Operating system: Debian
**OS version: 10

Hello Community,

I’m facing some troubles with E-Mail delivery to all Hotmail/Outlook domains.
I followed a tutorial on linuxbabe (https://www.linuxbabe.com/mail-server/microsoft-outlook-ip-blacklist) because it looks like that all Contabo IP’s are blocked on it.
Now it comes tothat part where I need to put it in my DNS. I already have a SPF and DMARK record from Virtualmin. Now I should put those as well from Sendinblue. But I don’t actually know how to do that.

My SPF record looks like this in Virtualmin:

v=spf1 a mx a:domain.com ip4:123.456.7.890 ip6:1111:a222:333:444:0:0:0:1 ~all

And the SPF from Sendinblue looks like this:

v=spf1 include:spf.sendinblue.com mx ~all

And the DMARC from Virtualmin looks like this:

v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; pct=100; ruf=mailto:postmaster@mydomain.com; rua=mailto:postmaster@mydomain.com

Sendinblue requieres this:

v=DMARC1; p=none; sp=none; rua=mailto:dmarc@mailinblue.com!10m; ruf=mailto:dmarc@mailinblue.com!10m; rf=afrf; pct=100; ri=86400

Even it says in the tutorial it’s not requiered to put the DMARC, but my mails are still going into the Spam folders, because I don’t know how to handle it correctly with the SPF and probably with DMARC as well.

Does anyone know, how to solve it?

Thanks a lot

Hi,
A few notes that may help :wink:

It makes no real difference to the process which DNS provider (solution) you use (your own or third party, say CF).

I learned how to do it from these descriptions back in the day, it will help you too (SPF, DKIM, DMARC, BIMI):

(if you create an account (free plan), you get 25K / per month to manage DMARC reports - the descriptions are very clear and targeted)

These can be used to test when your setup is complete and the new DNS setting has propagated…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.