Maybe some more about the migration option on the homepage?

Hi,

I setup a unix server and found out about Virtualmin and just gave it a go. At first I was overwhelmed by all the options, but after some playing around I start to like it. No fuss, just a powerful tool. So I decided to migrate some websites from Direct Admin to this platform. I made a document about all the steps I had to do and even though it seems a lot of work, I was motivated to go for it. Than, somehow on the last moment, I stumble on the migrate option (Add Servers → Migrate Virtual Server)! Just import a Direct Admin backup (or cPanel, PLESK, etc.) and everything worked without a problem. All the users, databases, mailboxes. Only had to setup some cronjobs. This saved me so much time, days! :sunglasses:

So I was thinking, maybe add this to the homepage of your website? It is only mentioned very small, but if you add a paragraph and a screenshot about it, I am sure much more people will consider to switch to Virtualmin. The migration takes away a huge threshold. If I knew this, I had done it much sooner for sure.

I’m very happy with the migrate option. Maybe add the cronjobs to it too, but this is just a very minor thing.

6 Likes

On the page Documentation – Virtualmin

Server Upgrades and Migrations - How to migrate your Virtual Servers from an existing server to a new server, and how to perform in-place upgrades of your OS.

This link goes to Oops! That page can’t be found.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.