Managing SSL Certificate

Hello,

I already tried to get help, but it wasn’t of much use.

My problem is that I need to install an SSL certificates on one of my sites, but I don’t see the “Manage SSL Certificate” on my Virtualmin interface.

I even deleted my account plan and then created a new one and recreated a website making sure SSL was selected as a feature all along.

But still I don’t see the Manage SSL Certificate option under Server Configuration.

I only have one website on the dropdown, so I know I’m working on the right website.

Also, I only have one IP associated with my ded and this virtual server runs on a virtual interface eth0 associated with the IP.

So why can I not see the Manage SSL Certificate option?

Please help me out!

Thanks much

I have been digging into the code of VirtualMin and see that SSL will be enabled if and only if there’s a private IP.

But I also saw that it can enabled if there’s SSL for only one site even when there’s a shared IP.

So I satisfy the conditions for the SSL being enabled.

But I still don’t see the Manage SSL Certificate option

I saw a file called “config” in the folder “virtual-server”

In that I saw a line ssl=0 Does that have anything to do with this?

If I change that to ssl=1, will it work?

I’m afraid to do this change because I already wiped out /var once by deleting one of the virtual servers by mistake when it was pointing to the wrong path and I had to reinstall the OS :slight_smile:

Please let me know.

Another improvement is that, I found another option called “Configure Website” under the “Services” option.

There I saw a link to the “SSL Options” and there’s a link to Enable SSL.

But it says default and when I want to enable SSL, it says a certificate file is needed.

How can I give a certificate without generating the CSR?

Please help!

Thanks