Mail system blues due to blacklisted IP addresses

I have not been able to provide that because I’ve since deleted the VTiger instance. As soon as I get another one installed, and providing it’s working, I’ll send you that. TY

Right now the issue I’m having is with the SSL on the Host. Even though Let’s installed it, I can’t get browsers to show as secured…

O.K . I was able to secure with SSL. Now, you’re saying that mail should work right out the box. I’ll try that.

Calport, I have SSL working properly and emails are working only between users in Round Cube. It’s not accepting emails from outside sources and all emails sent to outside sources are sent to junk. Is there another config for outside mailing?. TY

To be honest you need to understand and read up a lot more about mail setup

When you send email there a few considerations to check. I suspect none of that is setup.
You should be getting reasons why an email is getting junked.

We’ve all spent a long time trying to get confirmation optimised. I’ve had to spend hours in the last two weeks rechecking my configuration and changing parameters. It’s difficult doing it blind with the lack of information you are providing

I do understand where you come from but you can’t blame virtualmin for the issues.

Why is your SSL working now and not earlier, what did you do.

Postfix has a few configuration fields that need setup, for example to check for invalid domains, no reverse DNS, span etc (I’m on my mobile do don’t have the settings to hand)

I hope you stick with it as I’m sure you’ll find virtualmin will make the setup easier.

I’ve been helped over the years so happy to help as best I can

I hope you take this constructively :grin:

in Postfix,
I’m referring to option settings in these two fields:

– Restrictions on sender addresses
– Restrictions on recipient addresses

this is only a partial setting:
– reject_non_fqdn_sender reject_unknown_sender_domain
for example if you don’t have these setup then anyone can send through your system and cause you to be blacklisted.

there is also various settings in “SMTP Authentication And Encryption”

as mentioned above, if you haven’t got these settings correct you can quickly have problems.

I got blacklisted on one of my servers two years ago, and managed to resolve it by sorting out my issues. and I have had to spend a lot of time keeping on top of settings for postfix and dovecot

I was able to fix most issues by re-reading configs again. I had changed ns1.domain to nx1.domain on Host name and I didn’t change it at the domain level in Godaddy as well as the A and MX records. All seem to be working fine now, but I still have the issue of email not coming in from outside sources. E-mail going out is no longer going into junk either…

I don’t quite know what you mean by the changes you made.
why is email not now going out to junk ??
what changes did you make?

I suspect similar changes are required to get your incoming mail sorted.
people on this forum can help, but you are not providing any information to allow us to help you.

I trust you will now apologise to the good people at Virtualmin for the aspersions mentioned previously.

When I set the panel up for the first time I used ns1.intrelligent.net as the host, then I changed it to nx1.intrelligent.net, but i didn’t change the NS on the domain at Godaddy.com and on the server. So, Let’s was looking for ns1. Also, I added mail.intrelligent.net to the MX record. It’s working but not receiving.

thats ok, we all make mistakes.
I suspect something else isn’t right. does mxtoolbox.com not show any problems ?

you have to be thorough with all settings. I’d suggest that is tejh reason you’re not getting email

you need some expert advice on setting up a server

I did get expert advice and he couldn’t find anything wrong with it…

O.K. I’ve just installed VTiger again and it’s not working. I’m using as the Host, Webmin’s system host, nx2.intrelligent.net and as user, a user where it’s installed. admin@yaconplus.com. Any idea oh how to get this to work?. TY

Try mail.intrelligent.net . I just sent you an email via telnet and that was the mail server reported for yaconplus.com.

Richard

TY Rich, I’ve tried that many time and still nothing. I also included that in Postfix config. Could you send an email to admin@yaconplus.com, please?. I’d like to see if I get it. TY

I just did. It said it was queued.

Richard

That would be the issue… Now, how do I find Queued mail?.. I found Queued mail to go out…

I really don’t know where it is in Virtualmin as I’ve never had occasion to go there. Poke around a bit on the Webmin side. It has to be in there somewhere.

Richard

Been at this for the past two days…TY

Webmin > Servers > Postfix Mail Server. There’s a tile there for “Mail Queue.”

Richard

No mail messages are currently queued for delivery