Mail not showing in Postfix > Mail Queue

I’m trying to investigate some mail abuse and have discovered that while “mailq” shows a ton of mail, Webmin > Postfix > Mail Queue shows nothing.

I need to read the header for clues. Advice would be appreciated.

Brian

Howdy,

That sounds like you may be seeing a bug of some sort. What distribution/version are you using?

-Eric

CentOS 6.1

At this point, I’m mostly concerned with looking at some of these emails so I can see where they are coming from, however I can’t seem to find what directory they are actually in.

They’re typically in one of the directories under /var/spool/postfix.

You could see a list of the files by running this command:

find /var/spool/postfix

That was very helpful - the mail seems to be in a deferred directory.

I can’t really decipher anything though. Here are a couple headers:

trace_flags=0S^@O^]mydatateam@mailingaddress.orgR^]mydatateam@mailingaddress.orgM^@N,Received: by “myhostname” (Postfix)N6 id D65BE5B01AC; Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:11:17 -0600 (CST)N+Date: Tue, 13 Dec $
Status: 5.3.0N Remote-MTA: dns; maxsaverusa.comNNDiagnostic-Code: smtp; 553 5.3.0 brucep@maxsaverusa.com… User unknown, notN^Q local addressN^@N.–F24A95B0187.1323796277/"myhostname"N(Content-D$

trace_flags=0S^@O^]mydatateam@mailingaddress.orgR^]mydatateam@mailingaddress.orgM^@N,Received: by “myhostname” (Postfix)N6 id D6DED5B0181; Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:14:07 -0600 (CST)N+Date: Tue, 13 Dec $
Status: 5.0.0N&Remote-MTA: dns; mta7.am0.yahoodns.netNFDiagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn’t have aN6 yahoo.com account (arno-jordaan@yahoo.com) [-15] -N^^ mta1027.mail.sp2.yaho$

Actually this a bug. If you look at the module config you will that one postfix command still has bin instead of sbin in the path (but the path has changed in RHEL 6).

I appreciate that helpmin. I made the change to the config file. My email crises is over now, so at this time the mail queue is empty.

you are welcome. glad I could help.

I’m afraid making the change to:

mailq_path = /usr/sbin/mailq.postfix

Still isn’t showing the queue.

i use the postqueue command

Actually “/usr/bin/mailq.postfix” is correct on my server.

Interesting, I use the same system, but Virtualmin configured the postqueue command.

What do you have in place of:

mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix

Where exactly?

This is in /etc/postfix/main.cf

This should be the same, since we are on the same system.

The question is, what did you configure in the module config for postfix in virtualmin.

I don’t really know where it is you are referring to, I just know where it shows up in the main.cf file.

I have two recently setup CentOS 6 servers and both of them are setup the same and the Mail Queue is broke within Webmin for both.

Perhaps I should file a bug report.

PS; my spam issue ended up being a refer friend form in an older version of OpenRealty.

Howdy,

This issue is a known bug – it’ll be resolved in the next Webmin release.

-Eric

Thank you