Mail Breakthrough!

Anyone who watches this forum knows I have been having a major issue trying to get email working, any email solution. I’ve made a major breakthrough and am currently sending email from a .php script one of my domains…

I learned that every time I use my mail server too much Comcast will block it, rendering my mail server useless. What I did was to sign up a gmail account specifically for use with one of the domains on my server, then configured my google account to use Google Apps for that domain. Then I had to change my mx records to use gmail’s smtp server and wait a couple days for the changes to take effect. I then had to change the php script to use port 587 and smtp.gmail.com along with my username and password for gmail and bammo, the script has been successfully tested to send email!

For anyone using Comcast in the states, this is the home solution you are probably looking for.

The next thing, and this is also a question, is, it would be better if I only had to have one gmail account and was able to use the same account for many domains… I want to find out if there’s a way to have the server take the command from the php script to send email, then for postfix to map the username and domain name and send the email off to gmail’s smtp server with the reply to address being from the correct domain and the correct username. Anyone know if it’s possible? Right now I am bypassing my Postfix server altogether by using smtp.gmail.com from the php script, right?

I am almost there. I’ve managed to get postfix to communicate with Gmail, but now I get:

[code:1]
Nov 25 04:56:24 junkroomserver postfix/smtp[15625]: certificate verification failed for smtp.gmail.com[209.85.199.109]:587: untrusted issuer /C=ZA/ST=Western Cape/L=Cape Town/O=Thawte Consulting cc/OU=Certification Services Division/CN=Thawte Premium Server CA/emailAddress=premium-server@thawte.com
Nov 25 04:56:24 junkroomserver postfix/smtp[15624]: EFDE0642420: Server certificate not trusted
[/code:1]

What does this mean or how do I resolve it? I read something about Ubuntu and it not recognizing something with Thawte… but I don’t remember exactly what that was and if it’s relevant.