Magento Install

I have had a lot of issues trying to install Magento, for a few reasons, but when I uploaded the package from Magento, all went OK.

I did try a few times using your installer, with errors.

Might be worth double checking your package or process!

Howdy,

You had been seeing errors about PHP Mcrypt previously, correct?

One of the things we were going to review is whether that is still required. It once was, but in researching their system requirements after your post, I don’t see that listed anymore.

So you’re saying you were able to install Magento on CentOS 6, without PHP Mcrypt, is that correct? Do you receive any errors or warnings?

-Eric

I eventually installed mcrypt by following these instructions:
http://www.designhaven.co.uk/2015/03/upgrading-php-5-3-to-5-4-on-centos-6/

PHP 5.3 has been removed!

When running the VM script, the installer gives:
Found http://www.magentocommerce.com:80/downloads/assets/1.9.1.0/magento-1.9.1.0.tar.gz in cache …
Found http://www.magentocommerce.com:80/getmagento/1.2.0/magento-sample-data-1.2.0.zip in cache …

Configuring webserver PHP settings …
… done

Applying web server configuration …
… done

Now installing Magento version 1.9.1.0 .

and just sits there - I have 1000 seconds for parsing and execution!

The logs show:
‘Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /home/xxx/public_html/’

However, If I download from Magento and upload/install, AND not use .htaccess - no problems!

I admit I have not tried reusing .htaccess, but I will…

Mcrypt is required for the install.

BTW, with the installer, I went to the site after several minutes and got an error- Magento logs here:

a:5:{i:0;s:278:“Error in file: “/home/xx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/sql/dataflow_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php” - SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1025 Error on rename of ‘./xx_magento/dataflow_profile_history’ to ‘./cantors_magento/#sql2-8c7-4a47’ (errno: 152)”;i:1;s:974:"#0 /home/xx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception(‘Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: …’)
#1 /home/xx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(‘upgrade’, ‘0.7.4’, ‘1.6.0.0’)
#2 /home/xx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(‘0.7.4’, ‘1.6.0.0’)
#3 /home/xx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/xx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(417): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/xxs/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /home/xx/public_html/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /home/xx/public_html/index.php(87): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#8 {main}";s:3:“url”;s:1:"/";s:11:“script_name”;s:10:"/index.php";s:4:“skin”;s:7:“default”;}