M Issues while configuring the site URL and its redirection problems

Need help from htaccess experts and Wordpress gurus.

My problem:

My website is abc.com

Wordpress is installed in /wordpress folder

1. If anyone requests abc.com in the browser, it automatically forwards to ‘abc.com/wordpress’. This is done using htaccess file and the website homepage opens normally. I would like to remove ‘/wordpress’ from the address bar. Meaning the browser should display ‘abc.com’ only instead of ‘abc.com/wordpress’.
    How can we acheive this?

2. Also, for any internal links in the webiste, I would like to remove ‘/wordpress’ in the browser path. So, if anyone requests ‘Services’ webpage which can be accessed from homepage, they should see:
    abc.com/services’ instead of ‘abc.com/wordpress/services’ in the address bar.

At the moment, if someone requests ‘Services’ webpage from homepage, the browser directs to ‘abc.com/wordpress/Services’ but comes with an error:

This page isn’t working
abc.com redirected you too many times.
Try deleting your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

However, after navigating to the address bar and removing ‘wordpress’ text from this i.e. just typing ‘abc.com/Services’, this comes back with the normal ‘Services’ page displayed normally.

Could someone please help me to resolve the above?

My current htaccess file looks like this:

RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?abc.com$ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/wordpress/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /wordpress/$1 RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?abc.com$ RewriteRule ^(/)?$ wordpress/index.php [L]

Please use example.tld for an example domain name. Otherwise you’ll always get quarantined in the spam filter until someone sees it and figures out you’re probably not a spammer.