Lost virtual server password

i’ve lost password for main user of virtualserver, the user you create when create the virtual server, for example for “domain.com”, the user “domain”.
How can i change it?
thanks

neorf

As long as you have administrator (usually root) access to Virtualmin, it’s easy. Select the virtual server, click Edit Virtual Server, and then in the Configurable Settings section, find the field labeled “Administration password”. You can either click “Show…” to find out what the current password is (if displaying passwords is enabled), or you can reset the password.

If what you lost is a Virtual Server owner’s password, and not the root password – what you can do is log in as root and change it.

So, log in as root, choose Edit Virtual Server, go into Configurable Settings, and you can both view and change the password from within there.
-Eric

ok done thx so much…
but now, i try to upload file via ftp and i get: "550 New folder: permission denied".
Why?
thanks

neorf

Hrm, I guess I’m not sure what might cause that – are you certain that the user has permissions to write to the directory they’re trying to upload into?
-Eric