License Upgrades

Question 1:
I have a 10 virtual server license purchased in August 2008. If I upgrade to a 50 virtual server license now, February 2009, will I still be responsible for renewing the license and support, currently $65, in August 2009 or would the anniversary date change?

Question 2:
What is the URL for the software license?

I think it would be really good if a FAQs section or Forum dedicated to license related concerns was established. If it exists I couldn’t find it. That would make it easier for those who want to understand and abide by the license terms to save time doing so.

I like Virtualmin Pro very much. Pricing seems fair considering function. Dev guys are responsive, easy to understand and respectful (big, big plus). For me the interface is taking some getting used to but as I learn my way around its deep feature rich structure I appreciate it more and more. Hope you guys stay with the product!

Hey Chris,

Upgrades will be possible, and at the price difference between the two plans.

The EA period will continue until at least a week or two after upgrading purchased products is available. If you need the extra domains now, you can send me an email, and I’ll take care of the upgrade manually, but if it isn’t urgent, just give it a couple of weeks, and you’ll still be able to upgrade at the EA price.

Getting all of the licensing and sales queries into one place is a good idea–but it’s probably best for me to take the initiative and merge them into the documentation, terms and conditions, and FAQ. That way, I hope, they will be easier to find (though searching of the forums should be working–and as soon as I get a chance to add a search box, searching the FAQ should also work).

Question 1: I have a 10 virtual server license purchased in August 2008. If I upgrade to a 50 virtual server license now, February 2009, will I still be responsible for renewing the license and support, currently $65, in August 2009 or would the anniversary date change?

Renewal date does not change. The upgrade price is the difference between the two license prices–the goal is to make it a good deal for people to buy as few as they need right now, and be able to upgrade later without it costing extra. It’s already possible to abuse that system a bit, but it usually comes out fair for everyone.

Question 2: What is the URL for the software license?

http://www.virtualmin.com/serial/

This is linked from the "Download" page. The new website (launching in a few days) corrects a lot of problems with the current site, including making license stuff more obvious (the new license manager is also a bit nicer).

Re: Question 2
Sorry I should have been more specific. What is the URL for the Software License Terms and Conditions. I think you provided the URL for my software license key.

Thanks.