LetsEncrypt Not Using "Domains Listed Here" llist

I have several clients with email service here while web is hosted elsewhere. I just now need to renew one of these since the repair to LetsEncrypt last month.

1. I have under the “Domains Listed Here” selected and have only webmail.domain.tld listed.
  2. I request a new cert.
  3. I says that www.domain.tld has an IPv6 record and fails.

I don’t manage the DNS for this domain. I my opinion, LetsEncrypt should even be looking at www. but only webmail.

What can be done?

Here is the error message with the numbers hidden:

Apache website : An IPv6 DNS record www.domain.tld with address ####:####:####:####:#:####:####:#### exists, but this virtual server does not have IPv6 enabled

We do not have IPv6 enabled for this domain and the IPv6 record that is being listed is for the server with the www subdomain.

I found a work around. I tried this again with Validate Domain “Skip test” selected and it worked as it has in the past. However, “Skip test” is not saved so I expect to see this failure again in 2 months.

Of note, this is a new problem as this domain’s LetsEncrypt cert has been set up for a long time and last renewed successfully in March of this year.

Apparently the test function is not paying attention to the subdomain listed for this virtualhost.

Any thoughts on this problem?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.