Letsencrypt cert not applied to subdomain

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version AlmaLinux 8.9
Webmin version 2.105
Virtualmin version 7.8.2
Related packages SUGGESTED

i created a very simple subdomain using all defaults and the same ip as the master

when i go to the ‘SSL Certificate’ page, the sub is not listed in the ‘Domains associated with this server’ section - why is this?

i used the ’ Domain names listed here’ option and requested an LE cert for all domains, including the new sub, and that went fine, but the sub continues to use the default self-signed cert

to get an LE cert installed on the sub, i had to install it by first selecting the sub domain settings in virtualmin - this worked, however i believe there are now 2 different certs on the server since the cert paths are different, one for the parent and another for the sub and this can’t be right

It can be. Too much wine to go into detail. Unless you get a wildcard cert, then the subdomain may not be covered. If you set up a separate virtual server (sub domain) then the probability if it wasn’t there when the overall domain cert was created, then it won’t be covered.

Check the domain variations created in the upper domain certt. The sub domain shouldn’t be there.

Back to the wine. I hope this doesn’t look too stupid in the morning. :wink:

Check the domain variations created in the upper domain certt. The sub domain shouldn’t be there.

ah, ok - good to know

Back to the wine. I hope this doesn’t look too stupid in the morning.

your alcohol to articulation ratio is within acceptable tolorances :slight_smile:

have a good one

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.