Latest Update got "Error - Perl execution failed"

Just made the update

usermin A web-based user account administration interface 1.400-1
ust-virtual-server-theme Usermin theme ‘Virtualmin Framed Theme’ 6.8-1
wbm-php-pear Webmin module for ‘PHP Pear Modules’ 1.5-1
wbm-ruby-gems Webmin module for ‘Ruby GEMS’ 1.4-1
wbm-security-updates Webmin module for ‘Virtualmin Package Updates’ 3.4-1
wbm-virtual-server Webmin module for ‘Virtualmin Virtual Servers (GPL)’ 3.67.gpl-1
wbm-virtualmin-awstats Webmin module for ‘AWstats Reporting’ 4.0-1
wbm-virtualmin-dav Webmin module for ‘Virtualmin DAV’ 3.0-1
wbm-virtualmin-htpasswd Webmin module for ‘Virtualmin Protected Directories’ 2.0-1
wbm-virtualmin-init Webmin module for ‘Virtualmin Bootup Actions’ 2.1-1
wbm-virtualmin-mailman Webmin module for ‘Virtualmin Mailman Mailing Lists’ 5.4-1
wbm-virtualmin-registrar Webmin module for ‘Virtualmin Domain Registration’ 1.9-1
wbm-virtualmin-svn Webmin module for ‘Virtualmin Subversion Repositories’ 4.1-1
wbt-virtual-server-mobile Webmin theme ‘Virtualmin Mobile Theme’ 2.1-1
wbt-virtual-server-theme Webmin theme ‘Virtualmin Framed Theme’ 6.8-1
webmin A web-based administration interface for Unix systems. 1.470-1

after that, there is one fail, but i forgot which one…LOL

and I got the error msg as below

HTTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/0.01 Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 02:32:30 GMT Content-type: text/html Connection: close
Error - Perl execution failed
Undefined subroutine &main::get_module_name called at /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server-theme/theme.pl line 237.

When I go to the System Information page, I got the error below

Undefined subroutine &main::init_config called at /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server-theme/virtual-server-theme-lib.pl line 8.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server-theme/right.cgi line 4.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

What theme are you using? Is your account by chance setup to use a theme other than the standard "Virtualmin framed theme"?
-Eric

andreychek wrote:

What theme are you using? Is your account by chance setup to use a theme other than the standard "Virtualmin framed theme"? -Eric
I can't do any setting in the Virtualmin. Every page I got the error msg..........

any othe way can change the theme beside using the web interface? maybe commandline?

Thanks anyway

What do you see if you log in over SSH, and type this on the command line:

grep theme /etc/webmin/*

I got this

=======================================
/etc/webmin/config:mobile_theme=virtual-server-mobile
/etc/webmin/config:theme=virtual-server-theme
/etc/webmin/miniserv.conf:preroot=virtual-server-theme
/etc/webmin/module.infos.cache:cluster-usermin longdesc=Install and manage modul es and themes across multiple Usermin servers.
/etc/webmin/module.infos.cache:webmin longdesc=Configure Webmin itself, such as allowed hosts, SSL, installed modules and themes.
/etc/webmin/module.infos.cache:change-user longdesc=Allows the current Webmin us er to change his language, theme and possibly password.
/etc/webmin/module.infos.cache:cluster-webmin longdesc=Install and manage module s, themes, users, groups and access control settings across multiple Webmin serv ers.
/etc/webmin/NYPD.acl:theme=1

any idea??

Thanks

Hrm, can you verify what version of the Virtual Server theme you have installed?

That’s either going to be “rpm -qa | grep wbt-virtual-server-theme” or “dpkg -l ‘wbt-virtual-server-theme’” depending on your distro.
-Eric

riosrios wrote:

andreychek wrote:
What theme are you using? Is your account by chance setup to use a theme other than the standard "Virtualmin framed theme"? -Eric
I can't do any setting in the Virtualmin. Every page I got the error msg..........

any othe way can change the theme beside using the web interface? maybe commandline?

Thanks anyway

thanks for the quick respone

my theme version is

wbt-virtual-server-theme-6.8-1

Okay, here’s what I’d do.

Using the command line, I’d see if restarting Webmin resolves the issue you’re seeing:

/etc/init.d/webmin restart

If that doesn’t fix it, go ahead and file a bug report, as that may be something Jamie needs to look into.

Thanks,
-Eric

riosrios wrote:

andreychek wrote:

Thanks anyway

tried…but still error…

thanks

sorry, anyone could help???

Howdy,

Yeah, as I mentioned above, I’d recommend filing a bug report. I’m not quite sure what the issue there is, but in case it’s related to the theme itself, it’s probably worth getting Jamie to take a quick peek.
-Eric

andreychek wrote:

Thanks a lot

Have the same problem, using virtual-server-theme:

HTTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/0.01 Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 06:34:07 GMT Content-type: text/html Connection: close

Undefined subroutine &main::get_module_name called at /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server-theme/theme.pl line 237.

Please help us

Are you sure you’re running version 1.470 of Webmin?

I had a similar problem when trying to open the AWStats module. The problem stated line 101 which was this:
my $module_name = &get_module_name();

I was not quite sure why it couldn’t find the module name but I think there is a bug in an update and it’s looking for the theme but maybe misspelled or something.

I changed the theme to something different, afterward the AWStats module came up correctly and I was able to modify, add entries.

Hope this helps in some way.