Latest Ketnel update issue

Hello,

just updated to the latest kernel in CentOS 6.2 and I received this error when I tried to “Refresh system information” in the Virtualmin on the start page…

Require net/net-lib.pl failed :

syntax error at /usr/libexec/webmin/net/net-lib.pl line 362, at EOF
Missing right curly or square bracket at /usr/libexec/webmin/net/net-lib.pl line 362, at end of line

running following Kernel now:

Kernel and CPU Linux 2.6.32-220.2.1.el6.x86_64 on x86_64

can you fix this ?

Amel

just reloaded the server second time and it`s working fine…

any idea why it happened ?

Amel

I’m not sure why that happened, but I’m glad it’s working now :slight_smile:

-Eric

thank You for reply, its not important now since its working …

can You please just correct the “thread” subject: Ketnel = Kernel

Hi again,

just received a same error message again when I tried to “Refresh system information” in the Virtualmin start page…

Missing right curly or square bracket at /usr/libexec/webmin/net/net-lib.pl line 362, at end of line

it is something wrong that comes up sometimes, and I have to reload the server in order to get this working…

Any idea ? perhaps some “issue” “bug” ?

Amel

I have to reload the server in order to get this working

What do you mean by “reload the server” – what was it that you did to get things working?

-Eric

when you log on to virtualmin, and in the right corner there is a link named “Refresh system information” when I click on this link to refresh the system infos, than I receive the error message:

syntax error at /usr/libexec/webmin/net/net-lib.pl line 362, at EOF Missing right curly or square bracket at /usr/libexec/webmin/net/net-lib.pl line 362, at end of line

So I restarted the server “shutdown -r now” and when the server was restarted than the “Refresh system information” is working just fine no errors…

After couple days when I try to run “Refresh system information” I receive the error message, than I tried to restart the server again and it fixed the issue for next 2-3 days … and again the same…

Amel

Aha, that makes sense…

So, rather than rebooting the server – try running this single command to restart Webmin – does this fix the issue you’re seeing:

/etc/init.d/webmin restart

will try it as soon as it happens again and will let You know…

it happened again,

syntax error at /usr/libexec/webmin/net/net-lib.pl line 362, at EOF Missing right curly or square bracket at /usr/libexec/webmin/net/net-lib.pl line 362, at end of line

but I also noticet when this issue happens the Webmin scheduled backup is not working either …

So I tried to manually run the webmin backup and I received following error:

Starting backup of 71 modules to /Webmin_Backup/backup.tar.gz on u41152.your-backup.de via FTP …
Failed to save backup : Require net/net-lib.pl failed :

Can You please take a look on this issue, because there is not only problem with “Refresh system information” but Webmin backup also…

Virtualmin backup is working fine, but not Webmin …

Amel