Laravel shows error when sending email using tls and my own postfix/virtualmin server

We have installed our own postfix/virtualmin server and we have a laravel application,the problem is when we use external smtp servers, it is not problem to use tls option, and the emails are getting sent ok, but when using our new smtp server, when using tls we have this error :

stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed 

It has to be something regarding missing certificates in our postfix/virtualmin server, but, i do not know where to start, we have already a letsencrypt certificates for it, but i believe we maybe need to convert them to ca or something like that ? i’m not sure, that’s why i need your help.

Thank you,

**Operating system:Ubuntu
**OS version:18

How are you addressing the mail server? For example, are you using mail.hostname.tld or mail.domainname.tld ?

Also, which version of Postfix are you using?

Richard

Hello, not sure if it helps, but I have almost the same error.
“SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:”

I will let you know if I find a solution.
Thanks,
Caston

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.