Issues resolving name without www

I’ve got vitualmin up and running smooth for the most part, but I’m having issues with one of my domain names. Whenever I go to it without the www it doesn’t seem to work. I’ve tried the fixes I found in the forums and in the troubleshooting guide but I can’t seem to get anywhere. The other four domains I have in this setup work fine without www, it’s just his one. Anyone have any ideas where I should look to fix this issue?

Well I don’t know your problem exactly, but I can give you some hints though it might not solve your situation.

First have a look at the apache virtual hosts for that domain and check if it is set to answer for both with and without www.

Then you can check the dns domain setup for that domain and check if the IPs are correct for both with and without the www.

You can also try to access your location with ftp. try logging in with the server name again with and without the www. If this works, then your dns should be OK, and probably there’s something wrong with the apache config. If this doesn’t work, it may be a DNS misconfiguration issue…

Hope this at least helps you narrow your search…

THank you for your help. I checked the apache config and it is set to answer at both. The IPs are are correct in the DNS for the address with and without the www, but I cannot access the site by ftp. I can all the other sites on this server and they all have pretty much the same setup. For some reason this one’s being a pain…which is just my luck since it’s the company’s main site. Which configs would be most helpful for me to post?