I am trying to run a single virtual sub-server on ports XXXX and YYYY instead of 80 and 443, so I go to ViMin > Server Config > Change IP Address and I establish the ports I want to use.
Doing this renders all other virtual servers inaccessible, even though those are running over the classical ports (confirmed under Webmin > Servers > Apache Webserver). Why is that?
Thanks in advance
What Virtualmin and Webmin versions do you have installed?
Edit: I have given it a try with latest Virtualmin 6.10 and all seems to be working just fine.
Webmin 1.953, ViMin 6.10 … I don’t understand the error because it is a pretty straight forward setting, and then again I am quite the noob when it comes to networking … are there any logs you would like to see?
Check Apache conf file containing VirtualHost configuration. I wonder, are they bind using * or concrete IP address?
When everything is working, all domains have Virtualhost containers contain the same IP and ports.
<VirtualHost myip:80<</VirtualHost< <VirtualHost myip:443<</VirtualHost<
Now, I change the ports of my sub-domain and everything breaks even though only the right VirtualHost containers on httpd.conf have been changed. I also tried changing the prots for the domain and sub-domain, but I cannot access any websites. Neither the websites still on ports 80/443 nor the websites on ports xx/yyy.
I try reading error_log files, but nothing is registered on them.
If I change the parameters back to normal, nothing works anymore. So, it must be something else that is changed when changing the ports through > ViMin > Server Configuration > Change IP Address
Check status output for systemctl command?
systemctl status httpd # (or apache2)
You would need to check for global Apache Error log, not per server log. (Webmin/System Logs).
Compare how does config look like when everything is not working? Additionally, make sure that Apache also listens on those new ports.
So, I don’t know how it didn’t occur to me, but you are right. The service isn’t running. I have had a look at:
systemctl -l status httpd
And the global Apache Error log
(the edit should say internal_ip:new_port_http)
I also had a look at the config files.
httpd.conf only had
and ssl.conf had
I tried deleting the lines with the internal ip in ssl.conf and just adding
to httpd.conf and
to ssl.conf, and this solved the problem. I just had to restart my computer. I don’t know why the computer wouldn’t just reload the modified config files without a restart.
PS: Please let me know if there is sensible information that I haven’t edited out of my screenshots. #help-home-for-newbies
Thanks for your help @Ilia! You pointed me in the right direction
This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.