Is this possible (specific directory tree)?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version AlmaLinux 9.2
Webmin version 2.021
Virtualmin version 7.7

I like to have my sites organized in a rather unique structure and am wondering if there’s a way to automate this via the templates. Also wondering about settings to change for something else. Here’s the desired structure visually as it may be easier than trying to explain it.

/home/domains/
		site1.com/
			www/
			sub1/
			sub2/
		site2.net/
			www/

So:
	(www.)site1.com	= /home/domains/site1.com/www/
	sub1.site1.com	= /home/domains/site1.com/sub1/
	(www.)site2.net	= /home/domains/site2.net/www/

To put it into words, the overall container for all websites would be ${HOME}/domains/, with the primary domain name (and tld), followed by the subdomain name (with ‘www’ being the default/root).

Or, using the same structure above, but without the ‘domains’ folder as part of the mix. I’ve done it that way as well, but again with the subdomains falling within the primary domain name (site1.com).

Now, I’m able to get the “top level” working right, and “sub-servers” to follow suit, but that only works when they are root domains. I’m hoping for a way to have it treat subdomains differently, instead of doing “sub1.site1.com” and “www.site2.net” if possible.

Also, how do I change it so that other folders like “home” “etc” “cgi-bin” and such won’t get generated as well? And where do I choose what features are ticked by default (create db, accept mail, etc.)?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.