Is this forum being indexed?

I was experiencing a problem and searched for it in google. It did not return any results from this forum.
Turns out that the answer to my question was asked here 3 times already. I am not sure if the forum is being indexed, maybe you want to check.

We’re not preventing it, as far as I know. I don’t know why Google wouldn’t index it or display results from it.

It definitely is being indexed, but maybe Google is penalizing it in results for reasosn I don’t know.

e.g. lots of results from the forum.virtualmin.com domain for a search that has recent discussions:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Aforum.virtualmin.com%20local_name%20dovecot

2 Likes

To follow up on this, I spent some time over the weekend looking into the search console for this domain, and there are no issues that Google is telling us about. Generally speaking, they’re happy with forum.virtualmin.com (they check things like performance on mobile, etc.), so if they are penalizing us in results, they aren’t telling us why. Ilia did find that the results seem to be lagging quite a bit…a week or more. Which is disappointing, but I don’t know what we can do about it.

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.