Is there a way to auto update services certificate?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Debian Linux 10
Virtualmin version 7.5 Pro

I use a certain account as the system certificates, as offered by the “Set as Default Services Certificate” button. This setup works fine for me because I have LE give me a multi domain cert for that account. My problem comes every 90 days when it renews, and does not automatically update the certificates, specifically on the mail server (dovecot I believe). Is there a way to automate the “Set as Default Services Certificate” button functionality?

I have Pro but would also like to know if it can be done without Pro.
Though I would accept either method.

Thank you in advance.

It is done automatically, in the normal case.

Something has gone wrong with the association of these certs. If you generated or renewed certs manually using certbot directly, that could cause it.

If the certs for the domain are being renewed correctly automatically for the website and it’s just the services that are failing to update you can probably just pick a different domain temporarily and then switch back to the one you want it to use.

Thank you, I will try this. The server just renewed the certificate 4 days ago, so it may take some time before I can tell if your suggestion has helped or not.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.