Invision Community - No such file or directory (500 Error)

I have Invision Community forum on shared host. Yesterday i installed backup locally via WAMP to test if everything works fine.

Now i am trying to install on VPS via Virtualmin and something is not working correctly.

I get 500 Error with “No such file or directory”.

When i check Apache Error Log, i see errors like these:
[Sat Dec 26 18:11:16.651239 2020] [mime_magic:error] [pid 39951:tid 140434852521728] [client XX.XXX.XX.55:11579] AH01512: mod_mime_magic: can’t read `/home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/XXXX/ranks.php’

or when i am trying to access admin CP:
[Sat Dec 26 18:06:04.858670 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 39951:tid 140434886092544] [client xx.xx.xx.xx:65429] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught IPS\Db\Exception: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/system/Db/Db.php:269\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(356): IPS\_Db->_establishConnection(false)\n#1 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(487): IPS\_Db->checkConnection(false)\n#2 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(979): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery(‘REPLACE INTO `c…’, Array)\n#3 /home/xxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/Session/Admin.php(112): IPS\_Db->replace(‘core_sys_cp_ses…’, Array)\n#4 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Admin->write(‘rl51lq5v3gchq9o…’, ‘’)\n#5 [internal function]: session_write_close()\n#6 {main}\n thrown in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 269\n’

As i understand something is wrong with configuration. Maybe permissions, maybe something else.

Hi, i think wamp is windows and windows does not understand proper permissions. I think you can try to fix permissions and it might work but who knows, it’s like using diesel on petrol car. If you need to test your backups do it on same platform as your source. That is the only way you would be sure it works.

If you don’t have spare pc with Linux or Unix you can always install it via virtual box as virtual machine on Windows pc.

Same applies for Linux… Virtmanager will be good option for Linux based pc.

Good luck

On wamp i only wanted to test if database backup is fine. If forum is fully functional on WAMP, then i have no reason to think that problem can be somewhere in missing files or database.
Forget about wamp…

Looking on errors like:

1. mime_magic:error … mod_mime_magic: can’t read …
  2. proxy_fcgi:error … No such file or directory in …

you have no idea where can be problem?

I am pretty sure first and second error are 2 different problems.
First error comes from accessing some php and it has nothing to do with forum (second error).
Even if there are errors, users can access php and everything works fine.
Maybe it can be cause for this error?

By the way, can anyone recommend good video tutorial about how to configure webmin/virtualmin and create/setup virtual servers?

Problem solved. Had to install clean forum and use new config.
I’m not 100% sure, but i think problem was in sql_socket.

And this error “mime_magic:error … mod_mime_magic: can’t read …” is from wrong permissions. Setting to 0644 fixed problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.