Invalid command 'php_admin_value' error after upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04.3

Hallo,
I am trying to upgrade from ubuntu 12.04 to ubuntu 16.04.3.

I installed Virtualmin on a fresh 16.04.3 virtual machine (KVM on Cloudmin) and restored my virtual servers (15 servers + several sub-servers) from the old box.
After restoration, I ran the re-check configuration and got the following error on some virtual servers/sub-servers:

AH00526: Syntax error on line 38 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/0-mysite-name.conf:
Invalid command ‘php_admin_value’, perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
Action ‘configtest’ failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.

I searched through the forum but could not find any working fix.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I’m having this problem as well. Restoring back ups results in the same error. This has to be a bug right? The whole installation process with virtualmin pro is automatic and restoring a back up server is a button push. Yet when checking my site I get a database error page and when rechecking configuration I get the :

AH00526: Syntax error on line 38 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/0-mysite-name.conf: Invalid command ‘php_admin_value’, perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration Action ‘configtest’ failed. The Apache error log may have more information.

the line in question is: " php_admin_value engine off " … and if I understand it correctly that is supposed to be there.

Hopefully someone can help. I’m dead in the water here? Can I get an earlier version of webmin/virtualmin until this gets sorted out?

After messing around a number of times, I can get a functioning website if when I’m restoring, I click the “delete any files not in backup”. However the errors persist in virtualmin. Including connectivity failures. Even though the site is working. Please help.