Internal Server Error

I get this error;

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at domain2.com Port 80"

I have already checked log file (System->system logs) nothing interesting.
What I did and it happens;
I have vps account and I setup a virtual server as domain.com I have name server for it ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com. Everything fine with this domain.
I have a few domains in another hosting companies and I thought if everything works fine why not to take them under my vps with virtualmin.

First I went to Virtualmin system settings ->server templates->Default settings->BIND DNS Domain and add ns1domain.com to -Master DNS server hostname- also I add ns2.domain.com to -Additional manually configured name servers-

I create new virtual server as domain2.com, I wend webmin server->BIN DNS server and create new master zone with ns1.domain.com. ns2.domain.com. also ns1.domain2.com. and ns2.domain2.com. (with . end of t) also other records such as www, ftp, mail.

I went to my domain name company and describe dns as ns1.domain.com (also for ns2) for domain2.com. Why I chose nsx.domain.com because I don’t want new name server for my each domain every time I create under this vps with virtualmin I want that works with one domain name server which will be ns1.domain.com.

I read last two days different topic in forum about it but I couldn’t figure out what is the problem. DOmain2.com one of my web site and I am afraid it has only on visitor it’s me so it is not big issue but every time when I have an idea about some kind of web site if I would not pay hosting it would be great so I need to collect my other domains under one vps.

P.S. ftp account works so I can upload files for domain2.com and nslooup domain2.com gives same ip address with domain.com I think problem is I cannot point second domain for visitors.

I will be appreciate for any help,

The error is coming from Apache, so you’d want to check the Apache log for more information. You can find that in Virtualmin under the domain causing problems in the Logs and Reports menu. The one you want is Apache Error Log. That will provide more useful information, most likely.

I have same problem

Yes thanks Joe,

I search all errors in last 20 line I search on google mostly it says, I restart server and that’s why they are there. But here is the one I couldn’t find result;

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server’s fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1. Set the ‘ServerName’ directive globally to suppress this message

Does It say someting to you?
Thanks again

its 500 error mostly - you can google it out, basically guys your script is not working properly - nothing to do with virtualmin or so… its just you or your script… most of your errors could be read from within apache error logs… once again this have nothing to do with virtualmin… 500 means internal means your own problem as your own script issues…

thanks for your comment unborn.
ANy other usefull opinion?

Get your Sherlock hat on, solving server problems can be fun if you take the right attitude towards them.

Your logs and google will solve most, if all fails send me an email david at dediclub com and I will get to the bottom of it for you.

Hi, I would have look at apache error - very easy to fix that. Then I would look at the 500 error in logs - I guess its htaccess file or configuration from older server to new server. Let me know if you want me to have look at it.

victornewman, the error you shared above isn’t actually a fatal error. It’s more of a notification, and it’s actually a harmless one.

My suggestion would be to go back to the website, have it generate another one of those “500 Internal Server” errors – and when it does so, go back and look at your Apache error log again for that particular domain.

The error that occurred should be in there, and it would be associated with your desktop IP address.

If you like, paste in any errors that you see there at that time that also have your IP address with them, and we can help you sort out what’s going on there.

-Eric