Installing PHP Json and remote SSH access

Hi,

I recently installed Virtualmin GPL in a CentOS 5.3 and an Ubuntu 8.04 server.

I have the following problems:

1- I need PHP Json module installed in Centos server, but have no idea how to do it. I searched for it on virtualmin website/docs/forum and didn’t find any match. I found on google some tutorials, but most are very old and the newers says it’s included in php5-common package, however, I don’t know if I can just install it…

2- I can’t access the Ubuntu server through SSH. I instantly receive “connection refused” response. The server is behind a D-Link DIR-300 wi-fi/lan router with DMZ activated to internal IP address and all other services works fine (web at port 80, e-mail 25/110/995, dns 53, etc) and I’m certified sshd is running. Should I necessarily add a port forwarding to internal IP? Maybe the router is understanding I’m trying to access the router himself… do you have any experience with this? Note: before you post “try it first, then you come ask help”, I have no access to the router from outside the company network and they are ~70Kms away, so I don’t want to go there without a possible solution (and yes, I will remember to activate the external web access configuration in D-Link router when I go there next time!).

Regards,
Renato

1. For JSON on CentOS – it appears as if JSON support isn’t provided by default, or in a package they offer. An alternative would be to install it via PEAR. I haven’t tested this, but it looks like you may be able to get this working by doing the following:
yum install php-devel php-pear pear install json Add this line to your php.ini file: extension=json.so
  1. For SSH – if you click on System Information, and go to the “Status” screen, what does it show the SSH status as being? Is it saying it’s running? If not, you can start it up from there. If it is running, it could be a firewall, or potentially your ISP blocking that port for some reason.

-Eric

Very thanks!!

note: “perl install json” suggested “pecl install json” (which worked like a charm!)