Installation issues

Hi, I’m new in virtualmin, I’ve used the webmin installation interface.

here in the message at the end of my installation:

Your system has 512 MB of memory, which is at or above the Virtualmin recommended minimum of 256 MB. Detected mail server Postfix. Mail server Postfix is installed and configured. Your Postfix version does not support per-domain outgoing IP addresses. Apache is installed. The following PHP versions are available : 5.1.6 (/usr/bin/php-cgi) Webalizer is installed. MySQL is installed and running. Logrotate is installed. Using network interface venet0:1 for virtual IPs. IPv6 addresses are available, using interface venet0:1. Default IP address for virtual servers is 178.32.236.21. Default IP address is set to 178.32.236.21, which matches the detected external address. Quotas are not enabled on the filesystem / which contains home directories under /home and email files under /var/spool/mail. Quota editing has been disabled. Shell /bin/false for FTP users is not included in /etc/shells, which may prevent FTP access. All commands needed to create and restore backups are installed. The selected package management and update systems are installed OK.

The only problem is the quotas, how i can fix this problem?

"Quotas are not enabled on the filesystem / which contains home directories under /home and email files under /var/spool/mail. Quota editing has been disabled. "

Howdy,

Just to verify – are you saying you installed Virtualmin as a module from within Webmin? You didn’t use the install.sh installer?

If you didn’t use the install.sh, you’d want to review the manual installation instructions, as there’s a lot of setup you’d need to do in order to get everything working:

http://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/installation/manual

Regarding quotas – you could try going into Webmin -> System -> Disk Quotas, and see if you can enable them there. Note though that quotas don’t always work when using OpenVZ, which it appears you have there.

-Eric