Installation error on centos 6.2 and 6.3 newly installed 08/08/2012

Newly installed centos 6.2 and can not install Virtualmin. Try now with CentOS 6.3 and Virtualmin install nor can I see the log and in both cases is the same error:

rh-postgresql package not available
No package rh-postgresql-server available

And I do not find these packages in any repository
In fact it seems that these packages do not exist

I think it’s a bug in Virtualmin
http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/rhel/6/x86_64/virtualmin-release-latest.noarch.rpm on 08/08/2012

Howdy,

The package not found notices aren’t fatal errors… can you grab your /root/virtualmin-install.log file, and attach that to this post? That may offer some additional insight into what’s going on.

Thanks!

-Eric

Newly installed Centos 6.2, no ftp, how I can go down /root/virtualmin-install.log to paste the file here?

-Stuart

You can use a tool that downloads the file over SSH/SCP/SFTP.

One example is Putty’s command line pscp or psftp programs:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

Another option is to use the GUI WinSCP program:

http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

Now, which is the command to download the file?

log is it

-Stuart

Howdy,

Are you using a VPS there? Or is that a dedicated server?

If it’s a VPS, what type of VPS is it?

I see two errors in your log that are likely related – one is a problem disabling SELinux. and the other is an issue installing the “virtualmin-release-latest.noarch.rpm” package.

What output do you receive if you run these two commands as root:

wget http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/rhel/6/x86_64/virtualmin-release-latest.noarch.rpm

rpm -ivh virtualmin-release-latest.noarch.rpm

it´s a dedicated server, clean install of centos 6

-Stuart

Resolvin software.vrtualmin.com… 108.60.199.107
Connecting to software.virtualmin.com 108.60.199.107 :80… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 404 Not Found
2012-08-09 03:00:10 ERROR 404: Not Found.

error: open of virtualmin-release-latest.noarch.rpm failed: No such file or directory

The forum here shortened the URL I put in there… I tweaked it so that it wraps, rather than being cut off… I did verify that the above command works.

Try that wget command again, using the edited version of the post above – and let’s see what happens there :slight_smile:

-Eric

Preparing… ############## 100%
1:virtualmin-release ############## 100%
Running updatedb so locate works…this will take a little while.
/var/tmp/rpm.y6w5mq: line 12: updatedb:command not found
Attempting to import various system RPM-GPG-KEY files…Errors may occur,
if you´ve already import them. It is safe ti ignore these errors.
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.y6w5mq: line39: locate command not found

So lacks

No package rh-postgresql available.

No package rh-postgresql-server available.

No package php-domxl available.

No package mod_python available.

Aha, that error installing virtualmin-release-latest.noarch.rpm shows the problem… the locate command is missing.

Try running this command:

yum install mlocate

And then run the installer again.

-Eric

I installed mlocate
but still missing the following files:

No package rh-postgresql available.

No package rh-postgresql-server available.

Well, as I mentioned above – those are warnings, not fatal errors… those won’t cause the installation to fail.

Those two packages aren’t available on newer CentOS installs, only older ones – but that doesn’t prevent Virtualmin from installing, it just generates those warnings while doing so.

So the issue you’re seeing isn’t related to that, it’s something else :slight_smile:

Can you post the current virtualmin-install.log from your latest install attempt?

Thanks!

-Eric

Here is the new log

Okay, so it’s still the virtualmin-release-latest.noarch.rpm package that’s failing to install… that’s the one you manually downloaded above.

What happens if you try installing that again:

Preparing… ############## 100% 1:virtualmin-release ############## 100% Running updatedb so locate works…this will take a little while. Attempting to import various system RPM-GPG-KEY files…Errors may occur, if you´ve already import them. It is safe to ignore these errors.

So that’s good – that means virtualmin-release-latest.noarch.rpm installed properly, which it didn’t do last time, according to the logs.

Can you run the install.sh again, and if it doesn’t work, attach the most recent log?

Thanks!

-Eric

new log
Thanks