Install virtualmin on ubuntu 20.04

Unfortunately no but you can check by downloading the install script - it still says
# License and version
SERIAL=GPL
KEY=GPL
VER=6.1.1
vm_version=6

# Currently supported systems:
supported="    CentOS/RHEL Linux 6, 7, and 8 on x86_64
    Debian 8, 9, and 10 on i386 and amd64
    Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and 18.04 LTS on i386 and amd64"

I see that there are still some minor problems which can be solved easily but not when you have no idea about running a server. So if that is the case wait - if you know what you are doing simply use the install-script from ilja and do what I mentioned in my revious post.

1. download the dummy packages and install them
  2. after the install stops because of webalizer move that file on level up and run install again
  3. do the configuration inside VM
    If you run mariaDB install it Before and AGAIN like described - it is simply working
    Most important check the resolve file as here something seems to go totally wrong which disables the netplan, so better take a backup of the netplan and the stub_resolve file like mentioned above and restore it after the install BEFORE you might get locked out with no access!!!

Hello,

how do you install Virtualmin in Ubuntu 20? I am waiting weeks to start a server with that configā€¦

Any news? virtualmin for ubuntu 20.04 LTS ready?

Virtualmin is Ready?

Hello, any real ETA for the release? I have now 2 servers waiting for the softwareā€¦thanks!

Please stop spamming for ETA, itā€™s unbecoming and rude.

1 Like

Iā€™m closing this topic, as beta support is out.

3 Likes